Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Autumn in Tuscany



The glow of autumn colors has always been something magical for me. It is even more spectacular when visiting the Tuscan region. Recently my wife and I took my parents to visit various destinations in Tuscany such as Pisa, Lucca, Siena & San Gimignano, among other places. I have been to the Tuscany area 2 other times before, but this trip was different. This time we rented a car and drove through the country side and got a chance to see things off the beaten path that you can't see by train. Those are the special moments when you can pull the car over and snap a breath taking picture for future projects such as the one I am writing this post about. No, it wasn't I who took the wonderful photo that gave me inspiration, but the wonderful landscapes and the vibrant colors did.
This landscape is of a vineyard in the Autumn just before the vines are about to turn a deep red. Boy are they beautiful. The yellows, oranges, reds and greens flow together to create this lovely scene. I have yet to name this painting, but I am thinking of several titles such as A Vibrant Tuscan Autumn, or Tuscan Vineyard Glow, or just Autumn in Tuscany.

After taking 6 months off from painting(no I didn't paint, but I did a lot of drawing in graphite), this was a great way to get back into painting again. I really enjoyed this watercolor and this is a painting that I am going to keep and hang in my home. The size is approximately 20x 30 inches on 260 lb (356 gsm) weight paper and I used a number of various watercolor brand paints. Off to decide on my next project!

4 comments:

  1. You know I love it and I think you've done a great job. I am so glad it will hang in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glowy autumn colors! I am especially in love with the first.
    All lovely work. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy
    I simply love to look at your blog it is so comforting .
    My Mom is responding well to her Cancer treatments but has really been ill a lot and has begun to loose her hair so I have been a busy girl .
    Looking for ways to keep my Mom upbeat and cheerful is almost a full time job ,but alas I have a job and family as well as my parents to look after .
    Thank you for leaving this beautiful art work up for me to look at now and again .
    I am sorry I never left a comment before .
    Life has been a bit of a challenge this past year .
    Thank you so much for sharing your gift of beauty here in blogland .
    You'll never know how much it has helped me . Again Thank you !
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Darin,

    I am a graphic designer from New Delhi, India and I wish to use your painting of the Tuscan Autumn in my artwork for a DVD jacket assignment. Could you please respond in this regard to anuj.ajmalt@gmail.com?

    Regards,
    A.

    ReplyDelete